Sunday 31 March 2013

Africa

Africa-South Africa-Johannesburg. I did not manage to see any of this city. I was on a connection flight from Cape Town to Livingstone in Zambia. 

Posted at the airport in Jo'burg. 

Africa-Zimbabwe-Victoria Falls. Just across the border from Zambia. I seen the falls from this side as well as the Zambia side. With the crazy exchange rate everything was a high price. Went to have afternoon tea in the Victoria Falls hotel. While having  tea an American couple were having a hard time with the waiter and the bill. I asked if I could help.They had got a bill in Zimbabwe dollars = to 40 USD for afternoon tea for two. The did not want to pay with the credit card as the bill would have had lots of zeros and they were afraid how much it could end up on their bill when they got home. I said have you got 15USD? They said they had. I said just pay them that in cash. It wont go near any till that is for sure. So that sorted that out. They were looking for 10 USD for a coke. Remember this was 2005.. Glad to get back to the Zambia side. 

Well here is a story and a half. Went to the Post office with about 5 USD to buy some stamps. They would not take USD, I had to change it outside. I did manage to find someone to change. The money was like Monopoly money. You could have printed it yourself. Back to the post office and offered 2 USD for 2 sets of stamps. I got the first stamp worth Z$50 then they told me the total was Z$40,000. I thought I heard it wrong. I said you need 40, thousand ? Yes. Surprise they had stamps that came up to this value.  I think each postcard was about 2.50 USD in stamps. Inflation was bad here. 

Africa-Zambia-Livingstone. Named after David Livingstone. Just on the border with Zimbabwe. I enjoyed my few days here. Safe and no hassle. 

A definitive stamp from  Zambia. Not much choice in stamps from the Post office in Livingstone. It was a large Post Office. 

Africa-Zambia-Livingstone  This is Victoria Falls from the Zambia size.  When I was there  it was full of water. You have to go at the right time or you may see no water. One of those 'must see' sights. A joint World Heritage Site with Zimbabwe.

A postmark from Livingstone. 

Africa-Zambia-Livingstone  Took at trip on the Zambezi river.  It really was a bit like the African Queen  from the movie. 

I can't remember if there was a sunset or not. 

A postmark from Livingstone. Could do with a clean . 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Ireland based major/Direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC, POF, MTN, Bonds and CDs and this financial instruments are specifically for lease and sale.We are one of the leading Financial instrument providers with offices all over Europe.
    we always deliver on time and precision as Set forth in the agreement. You are at liberty to engage our leased facilities into trade programs, project financing, Credit line enhancement, Corporate Loans (Business Start-up Loans or Business Expansion Loans), Equipment Procurement Loans (Industrial Equipment, Air crafts, Ships, etc.) as well as other financial instruments issued from AAA Rated bank such as HSBC Bank Hong Kong, HSBC Bank London, Deutsche Bank AG Frankfurt, Barclays Bank , Standard Chartered Bank and others on lease at the lowest available rates depending on the face value of the instrument needed, Our Terms and Conditions are reasonable.
    DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS:
    1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG)/SBLC (Appendix A)
    2. Total Face Value: 10M MIN to 50B MAX USD or Euro
    3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, Deutsche Bank Frankfurt, UBS or any Top 25 .
    4. Age: One Year, One Day
    5. Leasing Price: 4+ 2%
    6. Sale Price: 32+2%
    7. Delivery by SWIFT .
    8. Payment: MT103-23
    9. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.
    If you have need for Corporate loans, International project funding, etc. or if you have a client that requires funding for his project or business, We are also affiliated with lenders who specialize on funding against financial instruments, such as BG, SBLC, POF or MTN, we fund 100% of the face value of the financial instrument.
    Inquiries from agents/ brokers/ intermediaries are also welcomed; do get back to us if you are interested in any of our services and for quality service.
    Name : Finn Walsh
    E-mail : everydayfinancedesignated@gmail.com
    Skype id : everydayfinancedesignated@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a loan?
    Do you have dreams of setting up a business?
    Do you need money for a business idea you have but need huge funding?
    Do you own a business and want to expand?
    We offer Business Loans, Personal Loans, Project Loans & car loans at 1.5 interest rate.
    Contact us via email: anshloans@gmail.com
    Ansh Loans Funding International.

    ReplyDelete