Wednesday 4 September 2013

Tokelau not yet !!

Tokelau was due to be my next stop. Getting there is not easy. One way be ship. However the dates keep changing and I had already amended and cancelled flights to make the latest changes. Getting a permit also proved very difficult. It was only when I made contact with a friend of a friend on Tokekau that I managed to secure permits to visit all three islands. 
As arranged I went to the Tokelau office in Apia -Samoa to process the final paperwork on Monday as the ship was departing on Tuesday. However due to a medical emergency the ship had left on Saturday. So it will have to be another time. 
At least I have all the contacts now to get there. Such are the joys of travelling to smaller islands. So it's back to Fiji again. Next stop Levuka the first Capital of Fiji. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's too bad. But such vagaries are indeed all part of the joy of travel. :-D

    Have fun in Levuka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,
    Thanks soooo much for the wonderful "Fiji" postcard!!I'm wondering if it was sent from Fiji's smallest Post Office...
    Have a great time in "tropical paradise"!^__^
    Groetjes,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete