Tuesday 26 November 2013

Antigua and Nevis

Caribbean-Antigua-Nelson Dockyard  Established by Lord Nelson in 1780s this is a historical part of Antigua. It is the only remaining Georgian Naval Base in the World .Now restored. So boutiques , museums restaurants. Very interesting. 

This is a Antigua and Barbuda Definitive stamp. Not a great selection of stamps here as it is only a sub post office. 

Caribbean-Nevis-Charlestown  Since very few cruise ships go to Nevis , I took the early morning boat across from St.Kitts . Charlestown is a very old colonial town , with a great historic feel to it. Worth the trip for this alone just around the main town here. Nevis is a bit of a gem on my list of Islands to visit in the Caribbean. 

Nevis is part of the Federation , St. Kitts and Nevis. Nevis issues its own stamps. I had arrived early into Charlestown. I had planned to be at the Main Post office, ( which is very small) when it opened at 8.30am.. Well I was there and waited and waited. But it never opened. Luckily I befriended some staff from the shop across the road. They told me the Post office opens and closes " Caribbean Time ". Well I could be here days..... So they took my post card and kindly arranged to post it for me. Always like to visit the Post offices when on a trip. But at least my postcard made it home. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete