Wednesday 11 June 2014

Honduras and Cayman Islands

Central America-Honduras-Bay Islands-Roatan-Coxen Hole  Honduras has considered to be the highest crime rate in the world per head of population. So not exactly and welcoming invitation for tourists. However here on Roatan it felt very safe.The locals were friendly and enjoyed my walk around the small town called Coxen Hole. Had a wonderful lunch overlooking the bay as seen on this postcard. 

On getting off the ship at the wharf I did see many souvenir sellers including one selling Postcards and stamps. I did buy the postcards but not the stamps. I told him I would buy at the Post office . When I did find the very small post office it was dark and quite empty. There was a guy sitting at the desk with his feet up. No business here I though to myself. Well can I buy some stamps please. "No". The head post lady is not in today and she has the stamps. . I found out that the stamps are brought home every night just in case the post office is broken into. "Come back tomorrow" I was told. Well how often have I heard that in all the post offices I had visited. Luckily I was able to revisit the wharf and buy the stamps there. I told the guy about the lady in the Post office and was told it is more closed then open. In saying that the Postcard arrived back very quickly. 

Caribbean-Cayman Islands-Grand Cayman-Georgetown  There must be a few Georgetown's in the Caribbean I seem to have been to them all , named after the King of England. Georgetown is a pleasant enough stop . Quite a prosperous Island but it is a overseas territory of the United Kingdom and not independent. 

The Post office had a fine selection of stamps and all available for viewing . So full marks there. Interesting on the back of this card is a Recipe for Mango Cake!

1 comment:

  1. loan offer in 48 hours.
    Hi Do you have financial problems? And those who have trouble getting capital loans from local banks and other financial institutions. Please refer to this E-mail address: maurogiovanni00@gmail.com

    whatsapp: +55 11 97 6315 893

    ReplyDelete