Thursday 24 July 2014

Darjeeling and Kolkata

Asia-India-West Bengal-Darjeeling  This town has to be seen to be believed. It has very narrow roads and surrounded by mountains as you can see in this postcard. Full of life and tourists. All trying the famous tea as well as visiting a plantation. 

I never knew India had such colourful stamps until I arrived here. Got a good selection is this post office. 

Asia-India-West Bengal-Kolkata  I tried everywhere to find a postcard with a view of the city. In fact Postcards were near impossible to find. So it is always a nice change to see a smiling face on a postcard. Kolkata or Calcutta is a fascinating city. Very busy . The Colonial buildings built during Queen Victoria's time are very impressive. I really enjoyed this city walking around and taking the life of the city in. Much more interesting then I had ever expected. 

Kolkata provided me with my only stop at a Philatelic outlet next to the main post office . I was surprised to find it very busy. Not often I can say that about Philatelic counters. They were most helpful showing me Souvenir sheets and stamps. Very impressed. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful postcard related to Darjeeling and Kolkata. If you will be visiting Darjeeling-Sikkim region, you can book taxi service from Darjeeling to Gangtok at our site www.99carrentals.com.

    ReplyDelete