Friday 16 January 2015

Galway- Ireland and Blog update

Europe-Ireland-Galway  Galway city, without doubt the cultural capital of the West of Ireland. Galway boasts some of the finest shops, pubs and restaurants to be found. One of my favourite cities in Ireland. I spend a nice weekend here in November. 

The card shows a commemorative stamp featuring Thomas Davis. Unusually this stamp was available from the main Post Office in Galway . Normally special stamps are mostly only available from the Philatelic counter in the Dublin GPO. Also this is my last postcard in my current sets. So a bit sad putting this up , but also delighted I could share all these cards with you all.
Apart from a possible card from Germany , my next set of cards will be from the trip due to start February 16. That is all sorted now and looking forward to that. Lots of postcards due from that trip.
On the trip- Perth, Australia, Christmas Island , Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Sabah, Sarawak, Johor, Kelantan,Terengganu, Perak, Pahang, Penang,Perlis and Kedah. I have been to Malaysia many times but never posted cards in these states.

In the meantime this blog will start to go back to some of the countries I have been to share some more stories , photos and in many cases photos of Post Offices.  

5 comments:

  1. David, Sounds like a good trip, best of luck. May you find many post offices open , with lots of stamps in your travels. Take care, travel safe.
    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the collection online! :-) It's been great sharing in your journeys so far. I look forward to your next posts when they come.

    In the mean time, do let me know if you want to meet up for a coffee, etc. while you're in Johor -- just across the causeway from me in Singapore! :-)

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE.

    *We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide.Inbox now to purchase yours, EMAIL; peteblankcards@gmail.com

    We have special cash loaded and programmed ATM card for you to meet up with those needs of yours and also start up your own business. Our ATM card can be used to withdraw cash at any ATM or swipe, stores and POS. Our cards has daily withdrawal limit depending on the card balance you order.You can make from $5,000 to $50,000.00 in USD, EUR, and others with our Programmed card. Contact us today for your own order at : peteblankcards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello everyone Check out these blank ATM cards today. My name is mr Ben Jone. A successful business owner and father. Become rich today and take the risk of transforming your own life. Try and get a blank ATM card today from (MR Ben Jone) and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I'm rich because am a living testimony. The list money I get in a day with this card is about $50,000. I keeping pumping money into my account.there is no risk of being caught because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on benjonehackatmcard@gmail.com
    get your blank atm card today and start a new life...................

    ReplyDelete