Friday 24 June 2016

Aitutaki and One Foot Island

Pacific Ocean-Aitutaki-Arutanga  My favourite island to visit in the Cook Islands. Small enough to get around and so picturesque. Just a short flight from Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. A beautiful lagoon and lots of little fish to swim with.

I was here on a Saturday. The Post office would normally be closed on this date, but I  arranged to have it open for my visit. Alice is the postmaster here. A selection of stamps but no sets available to purchase. In fact the standard canceller is broken so they are using the old one at this time. 

Pacific Ocean-Aitutaki-One Foot Island  . Has the most beautiful beach and sand. Enjoyed the day I spend here. Swimming and enjoying the food. So memorable. 

One Foot Island , has its own Post office in association with the Post office on Aitutaki . I was here on a Sunday and the post office is closed then. So the Post office in Aitutaki had this card sent to One foot Island for cancellation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment